Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Here's the news...

A lot is going on right now.

#1---I called 2 days ago and we are still with the 2nd reviewer. At least we aren't kicked out!

#2---The President of Guatemala appointed a new Attorney General (the guy who is over PGN). But he has filed an appeal to the Constitutional Court to keep the position. Even though this man does not sign our OUT, he is the boss of the guy that approves cases in PGN. There are rumors that this new battle at PGN will slow things down. But who knows, maybe they will get there act together and speed things up! That's what I'm hoping for.

#3---For some INSANE reason, I for get to get the extension on our I171H! Which is the approval we need to bring a foreign baby into the country! It expires on May 3rd and we cannot get a new one! I have been a madwoman getting everything we need together to make this happen. I have written a leter to the USCIS requesting the extension. Written multiple senators asking for them to pull any weight they can for us, and they have! Then yesterday, an officer from INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service) called me to give me a heads up that we will need an updated homestudy (even though ours does not expire for 6 months). So I contacted our social worker and she got the updated home study together while I was on the phone! I was able to get an appointment at the USCIS on Thursday (tomorrow). I am bringing everything I need to request the extension to them in person. Wow that was close! God is on our side!!!

No comments: