Friday, July 18, 2008

One Year Ago Today...

We accepted the referral of a tiny little baby girl! I can't believe it's been a year! I remember the day so well...we had just lost our 1st referral the day before, our agency called and told us we needed to be matched with another baby before the new Guatemala adoption laws began. We looked through the available children list, and there she was! She was the only available baby on the list, so we new she was meant to be ours. The last two years have been such an emotional roller coaster! One day getting disappointing news, then the next being excited about planning a visit...One day being upset over a kick out, the next forgetting all the bad things while in Guatemala seeing her for the 1st time...one day leaving her with a complete stranger and getting on a plane not knowing when we'd see her again, then finding out that she's finally coming home! Wow...I can't even put it into words. I know many of you reading this know the feeling all too well. This has been such an amazing experience for us, and I can't believe we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!


Here is a picture of Kya the first time we saw her face...Check out the "double chin"!



3 comments:

Amy said...

Those feelings are oh so familiar for me too! Your words could have come our of my mouth. Adoption is an amazing journey that simply cannot be described in enough words. I am so glad your baby girl will be coming home soon!

Susie said...

I so know your feelings and the ride you have been on. I am so excited to read news of your PINK. Kya has such a sweet face, cant wait to see pics of her in your arms. Blessings, Susie

Brittney Cortes said...

I'm so excited for you and Bro. Philip. I'm glad that you finally get to bring her home soon!