Thursday, July 10, 2008

Some news...

The paperwork to get Kya's birth certificate was submitted on June 18th. I was thinking it would take 4 weeks to get. But today I got an email from our agency saying that the attorney may need some more paperwork. If I had to guess...this means he might have to resubmit it again and...another 3 or 4 weeks. Yep...I thought all the resubmitting would be over once we were out of PGN, but here we go again. We are just so overjoyed that she is ours and we've decided we can handle a few extra weeks:) But if I dissapear for a few days...you can find me at La Casa Grande in Guatemala City...JK. I wish! So for now, just like we have for the past 2 years, we wait... We are so close!!!


Here are a couple new pictures of Kya. I got them this week! I love the new "comb over". When I got these, I couldn't stop giggling. She's such a sweetie!



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Kya is adorable! I hope the rest of your process to bring her home goes as smoothly as possible.

Ruthie (one of your blogger friends if you'd like) :)

http://godspreciouschild.blogspot.com/

April said...

She is just precious!!! Love the pics and the blog, hoping we join you soon, we are hoping to get out of PGN this week...

Heidi said...

Kya is so cute! The combover is a good look on her. :) I know, isn't the wait for the bc frustrating? We're waiting too but not as long as you. Hope it comes soon!

Susie said...

Julia, i have been watching your blog for months! Kya is so cute and petite. God speed to PINK! Susie

Kim said...

Just when you think the roadblocks are over, hey? She is so, so cute!

Pam L said...

Found you blog from the Adoption.com forum. Your little Kya is a doll. Did I recognize the location of your first birthday party as La Casa Grande? That's our favorite hotel for visits and where we'll return in September for our little ones birthday, if we're not out of PGN by then. Hope your BC comes soon!

Living and Loving Life in the Lord said...

Oh my goodness Kya is so adorable! I pray you bring her home sooner than you think!

Hannah said...

Kya is beautiful! Here's to a quick pink!

Hannah